Google

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Download from XCODE 2.4.1 from Apple's site

A few weeks ago, I downloaded XCODE 2.4.1 from Apple's site. There were some problems when I downloaded that applications. I live in Indonesia and some of the town have low-speed Internet connection. If we want to have high-speed connection, we have to pay a lot. Eventhough I use a cable modem, I just can access with 6KBps in the morning until afternoon and I can access with 10-12KBps at night 'til 7 AM in the next morning. Well I can said that you have to be patient if you want to download some applications from any sites.

When I downloaded XCODE from Apple's site, I found that it couldn't be resume after I pause. And it could stopped itself if the connection (my connection) was too low to download it. I have to download so many times and it always stopped when the connection low. I was very desperated. All I just wanted to have is a high-speed Internet connection. And then suddenly, I remembered that I've a friend who lived, studied, and worked in Canada (Calgary). I asked his kindness to downloaded it which had almost 1GB file size. Then once again, I asked his kindness to re-upload in one of the most popular file sharing's site (because I have its account and so did he).

Fortunately, he's very good friend and he said that he needed 1 or two days to donwload and re-upload it. For me, it easier to download XCODE from that file sharing's site than download from Apple's site. When I asked my friend how long it took to download the XCODW from Canada, he said that just 10-15minutes. Wew really fast ..

I just dont understand. Why Apple's Site don't make some mirror sites to download the applications (such as sourceforge.net) ?

No comments: